Data Centre Services Sydney
When you think of the location of your data centre, you should definitely consider Sydney, Australia’s ICT and Digital Capital; and the ICT investment destination of choice in Australia.
NTT’s Data Centre Services provide you with a high-quality long-term solution in Sydney to increase your business’s efficiency and reduce your risks and costs, no matter where you are in the world.
Managing your own data centre, especially in a global organisation, is a difficult task. Your team needs to be available 24x7 with the right skills to do the job.
Transitioning your in-house environment to our Sydney data centre reduces the hassle and cost of managing your own data centre team. Our professionals are ready to provide you immediate on-site access to skilled engineers, day and night. Our convenient data centre location at 400 Harris St, Ultimo NSW 2007 provides easy access within Sydney.
As your Sydney data centre partner we can also provide:
- Colocate your data centre at NTT ICT’s world-class facilities, offering security, performance, quality and flexibility
- Migrate your data to an NTT data centre location, easily, seamlessly and effectively.
- With 140 data centres globally, NTT ICT can assist with a disaster recovery solution customised to meet your businesses security, privacy, and recovery objectives.
- Access to NTT’s broad range of global network services to link data centres together using public networks or private networks.
- We can help your government agency relocate your data centre infrastructure into GovDC, two state-of-the art, whole-of government data centres that have reduced the complexity for agencies as they migrate to cloud environments – these centres, which are purpose built, modern, reliable, energy efficient and secure, will support the new approach to buying and using ICT services on-tap. See the different solutions we can provide at GovDC.
How You Benefit from Using NTT ICT’s Sydney Data Centre at Ultimo
- NTT ICT’s data centres have been built to the highest industry standards and fitted with advanced security and performance features. Our Sydney Data Centre meets Tier III requirements as classified by the Uptime Institute and is directly connected to our industry-leading IPv6 compliant, Tier 1, global IP network backbone. With infrastructure engineered to a minimum of fully redundant N+1 or N+N standards, we ensure business continuity and the availability of your IT systems with no single point of failure. Advanced cooling and humidity control provide an optimal environment for server infrastructure.
- Reliability: We target over 99.98% uptime. Around-the-clock monitoring and 24×7 on-site support ensure that systems are always fully operational and someone is always on the ground, ready to assist in the event of a problem.'
- Trust: We are one of Australasia’s most trusted Data Centre providers — backed by NTT Communications, one of the largest companies in the world.
- Value: Take advantage of the most flexible colocation service available today by paying only for what you use and what you need.
- Performance: Power available when you need it, delivered redundantly.
- Energy efficiency: Purpose-built data centres, such as the Sydney Data Centre, are typically 20–40 per cent more energy efficient than office-based facilities. This is due to efficient internal distribution systems, and high-voltage, low-loss connectivity to the power grid.
- Security: Data centre specialists have been trained in best practice security environments in the defence, banking and hosting sectors. This translates to highly secure design and operational procedures that minimise threats to your environment. NTT data centres have seven layers of security. At the same time, access to NTT ICT data centre facilities is restricted and follows the ISO9001:2000 secure access standard.
Technical specifications for our Sydney data centre
- 51,474 m2 gross area; 22,043 m2 technical area with approx. 10,000 racks
- Diverse 33 kV feeds feeding a back-up power system consisting of 22 diesel rotary UPS systems
- Up to 1,500 watts/m2 power for air-conditioning
- 28 WAN, Internet and Telephony providers
- Uptime SLA of 100 %, conforming to Tier 3 classification from the Uptime institute
- Enhanced Tier III standard
- Rack Power provided from 2 kW to 12 kW in 1 kW increments.
- SLA-backed power and environmental conditions (temperature and humidity)
- NTT ICT Sydney Data Centre at 400 Harris St, Ultimo NSW 2007
- 26,000 sqm of gross space
- Redundant 33 kV feeds via diverse path
- Up to 1,850 watts/m2 for power for air-conditioning
- Access to existing WAN, Internet and Telephony providers with established POPs in Global Switch Sydney West with capacity for new providers to setup POPs
- Uptime target of 99.98%, fault tolerant and concurrently maintainable
NTT ICT also offers:
Colocate your data centre at NTT ICT’s world-class Sydney facilities, offering security, performance, quality and flexibility. Colocation makes exceptional business sense. These days, the economies of scale achieved in a purpose built data centre far outweigh the benefits of trying to keep it all under your own roof. At NTT Communications ICT Solutions (NTT ICT), our state-of-the-art, carrier neutral data centres offer significant cost savings and exceptional reliability and security.
NTT ICT offers a range of enterprise-class Cloud services to suit your demands in Sydney. Become more agile with Cloud services and create cost-saving and security benefits for your business.
Choose from a Private, Public, Hybrid or On-Premise Cloud Service and access a complete solution from a single point of contact and tailored to your requirements. We’ll find the best match for your requirements from a range of options, oversee implementation and provide unparalleled customer service.
NTT ICT’s IP Transit provides access to high-speed, high capacity IP communications in Sydney. This translates into faster internet access, minimise distance delays and benefit from our seamless service and support.
Being one of the world’s top-ranked Global Tier 1 IP backbones, our IP network is connected to major ISPs and contents in Asia, Europe, America and Oceania, providing high quality and reliable services you need, backed by 24/7 global customer support.
Sydney IT Landscape
Sydney is the IT hub of NSW which has an $18.6 billion information, media and telecommunications industry - the largest of any Australian state. Home to around half of Australia’s startup companies, Sydney is an innovation hotspot which has prompted breakthroughs, such as those when:
- Google’s Sydney office developed Google Maps
- The technology behind WiFi was developed in the CSIRO’s labs in NSW
In recent years Sydney has seen prominent global ICT companies such as Dropbox, LinkedIn and Expedia choose the city’s CBD as the location for major regional headquarters.
Sydney was found to be the most future ready economy in Australia and tenth in the world in an April 2016 study by Dell. Not only Australia’s biggest population centre, Sydney is home to 46.5% of Australia’s startup companies, making it an innovation hotspot. With over 178,000 ICT workers in NSW - more than any other state - ICT is flourishing in Sydney which boasts the best quality of living standards of any major Australian city, according to the Mercer 2016 Quality of Living survey.
As the capital of NSW, Sydney is the financial capital of Australia and provides companies with ready access to funds and financial advice. Similarly, Sydney provides access to a sophisticated telecommunications infrastructure, blue ribbon office space and a large skilled and educated workforce.
NTT ICT Sydney Data Centre at 400 Harris St, Ultimo NSW 2007