It gets even better: Pay as you go with HPE SimpliVity
I explained in a recent post how HPE SimpliVity can guarantee a storage reduction with the average customer of 90 percent – how good is that? – and so is obtaining a ratio of 40:1 in storage reduction. Pretty good results, no?
But silver clouds can have not-so-silver linings. This storage reduction can create a new challenge: when designing a new deployment, what is the correct size?
Planning capacity can be hard to get right for new deployments. This is especially true in today’s context: trying to figure out the right size in an ever-changing world of technology for lifecycles of 3 to 5 years with growth that is unpredictable and with new applications being addressed continually.
My customers generally choose one of two approaches to try to address this situation. Some play it safe by overprovisioning. But they end up with a higher capital outlay. Others are more conservative: they reduce CapEx and hedge their bets on expanding as their enterprise grows. Yet both of these approaches increase the total cost of ownership – and limit agility.
But what if there is an option that allows businesses to pay exactly for what they require?
I’d like to introduce you to GreenLake Flex Capacity by HPE: this leverages the benefits of the public cloud, its agility and economic benefits, and then combines it with the performance and security of on-premises IT. And it provides companies with a consumption model that’s innovative and changes traditional capital purchases to a consumption-based expense. Without the need to predict capacity, this model allows you to scale rapidly.
If you combine the power of HPE GreenLake Flex Capacity and HPE SimpliVity, what do you get?
- You can simplify and optimise IT towards a more flexible infrastructure
- You can make disaster recovery easier with efficient replication and automatic failover
- You can accelerate backups and restore with near-continuous data protection
- You get the ability to use services on a pay-per-use basis
- You can get yourself to market more quickly by maintaining a safe buffer of capacity that is ready for use when you require it
- You can avoid IT expenses that come out of overprovisioning
- You only have to pay for the capacity used and not the capacity deployed
- You keep capacity ahead of demand with regular monitoring
Delivered by HPE Pointnext, see how HPE GreenLake Flex Capacity allows you to choose the technology and services you need and only pay for what you use in your environment in this video:
It’s easy to manage surges in demand with HPE GreenLake Flex Capacity. So you get to market faster and don’t waste capital on overprovisioning IT capacity for peak loads.
Touch base with an NTT ICT expert to get to know better how HPE SimpliVity and HPE GreenLake Flex Capacity will help you control spending, reduce waste and pay only for what you use.