Senior Network Engineer
senior network engineer
about the role
NTT has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer to join our Network team!
The NTT ICT network team is an integral part of our technical engineering and operations community and underpins NTT ICT's managed services and Cloud product portfolios across our Australian data centre locations.
As a senior member of the Network team, you will be an integral part of our technical engineering and operations community and take ownership of the network!
We are looking for an experienced Network Engineer who understands the best approach to building and managing enterprise networks - an approach that maintains a balance between adopting new technologies whilst maintaining stability.
Please note - due to the nature of the role, all applicants must be Australian citizens in order to obtain a baseline clearance.
about the key responsibilities
The key responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a technical escalation point for the team in order to ensure network related events are managed and satisfactorily resolved with speed and precision
- Demonstrate the aptitude and ability to handle complex issues and configurations and perform necessary tasks
- Build, implement and deliver network projects and solutions based on business and customer requirements
- Respond to work requests or take initiative to process changes to the network so that it operates more efficiently. This could involve repairing, improving, upgrading or extending functionality of the network
- Develop and deploy optimal processes and procedures and ensure global consistency
- Proactively contribute and assist with the development of automation and orchestration for physical and virtual network appliances
- Enable feedback loops between Engineering, Operations, Project and Sales
- Document and adhere to managed services best practice
- Work with the team to plan prioritise workload and projects, respond to requests, and be responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of networking technologies and tools
about your skills and experience
In order to be successful in this role, you should possess the following technical skills:
- Thorough knowledge of network protocols routing and switching, technologies and monitoring tools
- Routers and Switches - Any combination of Cumulus, Cisco, Arista and Juniper
- Firewalls - Juniper SRX, Cisco ASA's, including VPN technologies
- Load Balancers - F5 (LTM, GTM, ASM, APM)
- Strong understanding of enterprise Linux and Windows operating systems as well as virtualisation technologies
- Exposure to ASP/MSP/ISP/Telco hosting and related environments
- Knowledge of security best practices and vulnerability management
- Understanding of ITIL and formalized change management processes
In addition to the above, it will be advantageous to possess the following technology skills:
- VMware NSX
- SDN technologies
- Containers, Docker and kubernetes networking
- Linux: EL 6/7 (CentOS, Red Hat, OEL)
- Proficiency in system administration
We appreciate the effort of all applicants however due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.