NTTICT is looking for a motivated Network Presales Architect to join the Sydney Network Presales team.
This is a technical consulting role that is pivotal in supporting our Sales team with continued growth in the region.
The Network Architect will meet with customers to design and pitch solutions that address their business requirements, ensure that solutions are deliverable by NTT ICT and ensure a satisfactory handover to our experienced implementation teams.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, collaborative and have experience working in a network related industry or organization.
ABOUT THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Gathering and shaping business, functional and technical requirements, through consultation with client stakeholders
- Facilitating client whiteboard sessions to collaborate and build trust
- Designing standard and complex solutions that meet client needs
- Conducting gap analyses of architecture against desired future state, and creating transition strategies
- Developing technical proposals including solution description, diagrams and pricing
- Writing succinct RFx responses
- Presenting solutions for internal stakeholder review and approval, and providing clarification where requested
- Preparing and delivering customer presentations to explain the technical solution and providing explanation and clarification where requested
- Ensuring appropriate documentation is completed and satisfactory handovers occur to implementation teams
- Maintaining a competitive and appropriate level of technical and professional competence
- Achieving and maintaining pre-sales certifications within the relevant technology areas
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of NTT ICT product offerings
- Helping the NTT ICT Product team to develop new products & services and provide feedback to improve current products & services
- Managing relationships across the business including: SMEs, Service Delivery, Engineering, Project Management and Sales
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate should possess a minimum of 3 years Presales experience coupled with a minimum 7 years network design experience, and have the following skills and experiences:
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong business acumen/experience
- Excellent presentation, writing and communication skills
- Results-focused; collaborative; and confident under pressure
- Proactive and well organised with a structured approach to managing workload
- Be a team player
- Strong working knowledge of Wide Area Networking architectures and technologies
- Understanding of SD-WAN market and solutions (design experience in Silverpeak, Cisco (Viptela) preferred)
- Experience building complex solutions that include technologies such as:
- Global closed network services (L1, L2 and L3 technology services; SDH, MPLS, VPLS)
- Internet access services
- Telco services
- Cross-vendor networking (routing, switching, VPN, load balancing, security & firewalls)
- Managed Network Services and Co-Location
- Desirable: IP telephony / LAN / wireless / SDN
- Designing to SLA’s
- Understanding of the network’s impact on applications
- Good working knowledge of the sales cycle
- Good understanding of basic financial constructs such as pricing, amortisation, contingency
- Working knowledge of TCO, ROI pricing models
- Knowledge of risk and associated mitigation approaches
You should also possess a relevant Engineering or IT degree and relevant and current vendor certifications.
We appreciate the effort of all applicants however due to the high volume of applications expected, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.