Network Operations Engineer
network operations engineer
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Network Operations team underpin NTT ICT's Network services, providing Managed Global WAN and Global Tier-1 IP Transit services, due to NTT Com's growing Network/Telecommunications services business, we are on the hunt for a passionate and enthusiastic Associate Network Engineer!
This is the ideal position for a new Graduate of Computer Sciences or Telecom Engineer who is looking to grow their skills and take the next step in their professional development.
If you are excited about technology, committed to providing unparalleled customer service excellence and are ready to kick start your career, we want to hear from you!
ABOUT THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assist in planning and general maintenance of Network facility in the Data Centre.
- Support in the day-to-day operations of Service Provider’s infrastructure and Point-of-Presence (POP).
- Respond to work requests or take initiative to process changes to the network so that it operates more efficiently. This could involve repairing, improving, upgrading or extending functionality of the network.
- Access Lines and CPE installation and testing – Install CPE at the customer site or remotely instruct vendor to perform the job and conduct test under the instruction of Network Operations Team (NOC).
- Network Infrastructure Maintenance –under the supervision of Senior or experienced Engineers
- Field Engineering – Provide field support for Node equipment operation/trouble shooting under supervision of Senior Engineers or Network Operations Team (NOC
- Procurement – Manage vendor relationship with all hardware/software vendors and service providers for SI projects.
- Receive, inventory, and provision incoming equipment.
- Hardware installs (rack, stack, cable management, labelling) and decommissioning of network equipment following instruction from NOC.
- Test and run copper, fiber, cabling, patching for new services at POPs.
- Create and manage Data Centre documentation, reports, and metrics as required.
- Work according to scheduled maintenance set and be flexible to adjust schedule as required based on the department / project needs.
- Responsive via cell / email 7x24, perform roster on-call support, remote support as needed.
- Adhering to all safety regulations as per company policy.
- Respond to departmental needs on an ad hoc basis to meet customer needs on an urgent basis.
- Perform other duties as required.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will be required to have the following qualifications and experience:
The successful candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
- General network knowledge regarding TCP/IP and Ethernet networks.
- General understanding of Telecom service provider Hub, POP & CPE standards.
- Knowledge of cabling standards and ability to run and terminate different types of cable such as copper and fiber. Knowledge of structured cabling, structured distribution planning, and best practices for cable structure.
- Basic understanding of UPS and PDU units, ATSs, and Generators.
- Comprehensive background using MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, graphics and database software.
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills.
- Coordination skills among various parties.
- Positive, confident approach and attitude
- Team oriented with a personality and manner
- Experience in one or more protocols of MRTG/SNMP/Syslog/NTP/RADIUS
- CCNA or JNCIA
- Data Communications Structured Cabling (preferred)
- Network device configuration (junos preferred)
- Open source environments (Git, Docker, Kubernetes etc. preferred)
- Relevant University Degree or a 2 year Technical Diploma in Technology
We appreciate the effort of all applicants however due to the high volume of applications expected, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.