About the role
NTT ICT is looking for an experienced IT sales professional to join our System Integrator sales team in the role of Account Executive/Business Development Manager.
In this role, you will assume a senior position in the NTT ICT offices by managing a territory of Nationally based System Integrator accounts. NTT’s sales model with the SI community is typically via an indirect channel where we are selling through the SI into an end customer. Your ability to manage opportunities across multiple stakeholders will be a key driver of success.
In order to be successful in this role, you will also have a well-structured sales approach to business development opportunities and be able to leverage your existing relationships in the industry to drive new business. Your leadership approach will enable you to successfully engage with aligned NTT ICT sales colleagues and the broader team during client engagements in order to deliver maximum value to NTT ICT and our clients.
The successful candidate will have experience in selling complex Cloud solutions across Private, Public and Hybrid platforms. It is also an advantage to have strong relationships with key technology vendors operating in Australia. As a member of the System Integrators sales team you will develop and lead the following example opportunities:
- Complex managed cloud infrastructure & data centre solutions
- Global and Domestic Wide Area Network Solutions
- IaaS, PaaS and SaaS Cloud Solutions
You will need to be highly motivated and demonstrate a strong commitment to both prospects and existing customers. Using your experience and ongoing research you will also contribute to the sales strategies for your selected geographic and industry sectors.
You may be required to undertake national and occasional international business travel.
Please note - this role is open to both Sydney and Melbourne candidates!
about the key responsibilities
As the Account Executive, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- To focus on the achievement of your sales targets and key performance indicators
- To develop business opportunities with new customers and secure new profitable revenue
- To account manage existing customers (where allotted) and grow existing revenue
- Build and maintain a knowledge of NTT’s products and services to be able to articulate effectively to prospects at the CXO level
- Build and manage your sales pipeline and maintain client information accurately in the ServiceNow CRM system
- To work with Sales divisions across the NTT Group and build relationships with other NTT affiliates
- To work with customers to determine their existing and future needs whilst challenging the norm
- To liaise with support staff regarding technical aspects
- To have updated account plans for existing customers (where allotted)
- To prepare opportunity review plans and present to the bid committee when required
- To prepare new contracts upon success of sales activities
- Ensure internal paper work is correct for new sales to ensure billing/invoices are sent to the customer
- Respond to and follow up on all referrals, leads and sales enquiries in a timely manner and convert to sales
- Maintain key account customer relationships and develop new business opportunities
- Recruit and develop new business partners and develop go to market strategies with such partners
- Use NTT resources to maximise customer satisfaction and business opportunities – marketing, presales and others
- Monitor and report on pipeline forecast opportunities and activities
ABOUT YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will have the following key skills and experiences;
- Proven sales ability to sell into new prospects including outstanding negotiation skills
- Knowledge of sales support tools including Salesforce.com
- Presentation skills at CXO level
- Excellent sales skills and product knowledge
- Positive, confident approach and a hungry attitude
- Team oriented with a personality and manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Excellent commercial skills with an ability to model financial commercial models
- Self-starter with strong self-motivation and hands-on approach
- Knowledge of managed services including Data Centre, Hosting Solutions, Outsourcing, Virtualization, Cloud Computing, Network Services, Professional Services, As A Service models, Technology portfolio’s across leading Industry Vendors
- Assessing potential partners, performing competitive research, evaluating proposed deals/partnerships, and analyzing and developing business cases for new business targets.
- Generating new business/financial models and negotiating contracts (in selected cases)
- Identifying opportunities for business improvement and strategic new business opportunities.
- Managing multiple strategic initiatives simultaneously, interacting with a diverse set of partners and prospective partners
- Expert product and industry knowledge coupled with the ability to deal with clients at all levels and translate client needs into a complete solution
- Management, leadership, mentoring, business, accounting and reporting skills
In addition to the above, the successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years sales or sales related experience in IT Services including:
- Lead generation and direct marketing
- Prospect qualification
- Pipeline building
- Objective/target achievement
- Solution Sales
- Knowledge of telecommunication data/IP networks
- Indirect channel sales experience
- Outsourcing sales experience
- Platforms and business applications
- Account Management skills
We appreciate the effort of all applicants however due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.